The Celestron® Digital Microscope Imager can easily capture digital images with most biological and stereo microscopes. It connects with an included USB 2.0 cable to your PC or laptop computer. The imager comes with a CD-ROM containing the driver and imaging software.
The imager will work with virtually any microscope (biological and stereo) as long as the eyepiece barrels are of the universal sizes of 23mm and 30mm or similar. You replace the eyepiece in the microscope with the Imager.
The approximate power is determined by the imager power and the objective lens power of the microscope. The Imager has a 15x magnifying lens built in. As an example, if the microscope's objective lens is 4x, then the power you will be capturing for snapshots or video will be 60x (15x of the Imager times 4 x of the objective). If using a 40x objective, then the power will be 600x, etc..
The computer connection is a Plug & Play type where your computer should automatically recognize the driver type on Windows XP, Vista and 7 Operating Systems. If you use Mac OS (Version 10.4.9 and higher) the device is also Plug & Play, so no drivers are needed. However, you still need Mac OS compatible image capture software such as Photo Booth, iChat or Skype.
- Image power determined by the microscope power used.
- Adapts to virtually all biological, dissecting and stereo microscopes
- CD-ROM containing the driver and imaging software.
- Digital Camera:
- Sensor: 2.0 megapixel
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 Cable (6ft.).
- CD-ROM: for installation of the Windows driver and software (AMCap and Ulead).
- Size: 2.5” L x 0.9” diam. (64mm x 22mm)
- Weight 1.5 oz. (425gr).
- Warranty: 2 year limited.
- CE/FCC/RoHS compliant.
- Made in China.
Celestron® Digital Microscope Imager Includes...
- Microscope Imager.
- USB Cable.
- CD-ROM with driver and installation software.
- Adapter for Stereo Microscopes.
- Manual. (English, French, Spanish)