Sodium silicate (water glass) is a clear, colorless liquid. Used in soaps, detergents, adhesives and in waterproofing. Sometimes used to seal small cracks or leaks in the cooling system.
Sodium Silicate Physical and Chemical Properties
- Sodium silicate: 37.5% Wt.%
- Water: 62.5% Wt%
- Appearance: Thick liquid.
- Color: Clear to hazy white.
- Odor: Odorless or musty odor.
- pH: Approximately 11.3
- Specific gravity: 1.39 g/cm3 (20°C), 41° Be, 11.62 lbs/gal
- Solubility in water: Miscible.
Sodium silicate is available in larger sizes
Call 1-800-372-6726 during business hours for pricing 55 gal. drum.