The "student" designation for this distillation apparatus indicates the use of rubber stoppers, which fit tightly to join the apparatus components. The Kjeldahl distillation bulb serves to separate the liquid from resulting vapors.
The included ditillation process discussion sheets provide informative details as to what and how of the process, emphasis on safe procedures.
The student distilling apparatus includes...
- 300mm Liebig condenser.
- Kjeldahl distilling tube.
- 500ml borosilicate boiling flask.
- 500ml Bomex Erlenmeyer flask (for distillate).
- 23" support rod, 3/8" diam. with base and clamp.
- Four rubber stoppers, drilled to provide secure connections of apparatus components.
- Iron tripod.
- Wire gauze square.