Discover how fascinating the world is when you understand the remarkable reactions behind ordinary occurrences. CHEM C2000 includes everything in CHEM C1000 and more — with twice the tools and materials, and more than three times the experiments. Most notably, this kit introduces you to the alcohol burner for experiments that require heat, greatly expanding the number of experiments you can conduct.
Experiment with filtering and separating mixtures, combustion, and electrochemical reactions. Learn how to work with indicators and stronger acids and bases. Explore elements and compounds, including the chemical and physical properties of water, carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon. Discover atoms and molecules. Inspect soaps and household cleaners.
Experiment with various foods from the kitchen to learn about sugars, fats, and proteins. Investigate metals such as iron, copper, and aluminum. Learn about how chemistry is used in environmental protection and industry.
After completing CHEM C2000, you will have experienced firsthand the most important topics in chemistry, creating an excellent foundation for later study of chemical equations and atomic structure.
The 128-page, full-color manual guides aspiring young chemists through 250 experiments. The manual provides clear instructions for preparing and performing the experiments and explains the results. Thorough safety precautions and instructions ensure safe experimentation. Professional quality equipment helps you make the most of your chemistry experiments. Download a seven page sampling of the manual here. Ages 11 and up.
C2000 V2 Chemistry Set Contains...
- Safety glasses.
- Three conducting wires and copper wire.
- Two large graduated beakers.
- Two lids for beakers.
- Funnel 086228.
- Alcohol burner - (Burner base, Insulating piece, Aluminum disk, Wick holder, Wick, Burner cap).
- Rubber stopper without hole 071078.
- Rubber stopper with hole 071028.
- Cork stopper with hole 071118.
- Safety cap with dropper insert for litmus vial 704092.
- Clip for 9-volt square battery.
- Five test tubes.
- Test tube stand.
- Two dropper pipettes.
- Carbon electrode.
- Pointed glass tube.
- Angled tube.
- Immersion heater.
- Test tube brush.
- Test tube holder.
- Double-headed measuring spoon.
- Lid opener.
- Vial for litmus solution.
- Sodium hydrogen sulfate.
- Sodium carbonate.
- Potassium hexacyanoferrate(II).
- Calcium hydroxide.
- Ammonium chloride.
- Potassium permanganate mixture.
- Copper(II) sulfate.
- Litmus powder.
- Magnesium strip.
- Luminol mixture.
- Potassium hexacyanoferrate(III).