This Model UVG-47 Lantern Style UV lamp is a 6-watt, 12VDC model with 254 nm shortwave. The distinctive curved handle stabilizes the lamp in your hand for viewing the ground as you walk.
- 6 watt portable lamp
- Wavelength is 254nm shortwave.
- Requires two 6-volt lantern batteries, or two UVP rechargeable batteries (45-0005-02). Batteries not included.
- Impact resistant housing with wrap-around handle and a built-in flashlight.
- Toggle switch settings for UV Light, OFF and White Light.
- Intensity at 3 inches: 1800 µW/cm²
- Size: 9-1/2" x 2-7/8" x 9-3/8".
- Weight with batteries: 6 lb.
- Signed Declaration of Conformity.
- 90 day warranty.
GEMSTONE and MINERAL INSPECTION
UV Light can react with the chemicals of a mineral specimen and cause it to glow, called fluorescence. Color and intensity of the fluorescence can identify many materials. Some minerals and gemstones will fluoresce under shortwave UV light and not fluoresce under longwave.
Return Policy: Ultraviolet lamps from Analytik Jena (UVP) have a 20% restocking fee.