PYREX® brand flask, high standard series 4980.
This 125ml PYREX Erlenmeyer flask features a heavy duty rim for longer lab service and approximate graduations in durable white enamel. It also has an extra large marking area.
The Erlenmeyer Flask is used to heat and store liquids. The advantage to the Erlenmeyer Flask is that the bottom is wider than the top so it will heat quicker because of the greater surface area exposed to the heat.
- Capacity: 125ml
- Material: Borosilicate glass code 7740
- Flask Style: Erlenmeyer
- Neck Style: Narrow Mouth
- Top Style: Heavy Duty Rim
- Rubber Stopper No.: 5
- Height: 114mm
- Outer Dimension: 67mm
- Graduation Range: 50 - 125mL
- Graduation Interval: 25mL
- Autoclavable: Yes
- Upper Extreme Temp: 490°C (914°F)
- Upper Working Temp: 230°C (446°F)
- Lower Working Temp: -230°C (-382°F)
- Max. Thermal Shock: 160°C (320°F)
- Always replace glass laboratory containers that have become scratched or abraded. These defects will make the glass prone to breakage while in use.
- The maximum working temperature for PYREX glassware is 490°C. However, once the temperature exceeds 150°C, ensure that heating and cooling is achieved in a slow and uniform manner.
- Do not use hydrofluoric or hot phosphoric acid in glass.
- Hot alkalis will etch glass.
Corning and PYREX are registered trademarks of Corning Incorporated, Corning NY.