Powered by Celestron SkyPortal app for iOS and Android devices.
Turn your smartphone or tablet into your own personal planetarium and observatory with the SkyPortal WiFi Module! Simply plug the WiFi module into your telescope’s Hand Control or AUX port and connect to its wireless signal with your device. Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand controller for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object with a simple tap.
SkyPortal offers an intuitive user interface with a robust database of more than 100,000 celestial objects. You can even plan your observing session before you set up your telescope, viewing lunar transits and other notable events up to 100 years into the future.
- Align and control your telescope wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet and Celestron’s SkyPortal app, available free on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- Explore 100,000+ objects in SkyPortal’s database. While you observe, view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Globular Star Cluster, and more.
- Sky Tour feature generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location.
- WiFi module is compatible with all current Celestron computerized telescopes and select older models. See our above, "More Details" tab for a complete list.
- No batteries or external power required.
SkyPortal WiFi is compatible with the following Celestron mounts:
- Advanced VX
- CG-5 (requires compatible cable)
- CGE Pro
- CGEM DX
- NexStar Evolution
- NexStar SLT
- NexStar SE
- SkyProdigy (no automatic alignment)