PYREX® brand filter flask, high standard series 5340.
This PYREX brand 2000mL filter flask features sidearm tubulation for easy connection to filter pump hoses. Heavy wall, graduated on side, flat bottom. Neck finished to give excellent fitting for #9 rubber stopper.
The filter flask looks like an Erlenmeyer flask with a short arm coming out of it. The "arm" is designed to connect the flask to a vacuum source. When sealed on the top with a stopper or a Buchner funnel, the vacuum flask will hold a reduced pressure. Note the heavy walls of this flask - they are designed to withstand reduced pressure without imploding.
Filter flasks are also called "side-arm flasks" and "vacuum flasks" and are used either for filtering solutions or for removing solvent under reduced pressure.
- Capacity: 2000mL
- Material: Borosilicate glass code 7740
- Flask Style: Filtering
- Neck Style: Narrow Mouth
- Top Style: Heavy Duty Rim
- Rubber Stopper No.: 9
- Tubulation: 3/8″
- Height: 292mm
- Outer Dimension: 168mm
- Graduation Range: 3600 - 1800 mL
- Graduation Interval: 200mL
- Autoclavable: Yes
- Upper Working Temp: 230°C (446°F)
- Upper Extreme Temp: 490°C (914°F
- Lower Working Temp: -230°C (-382°F
- Max. Thermal Shock: 160°C (320°F)
- Always replace glass laboratory containers that have become scratched or abraded. These defects will make the glass prone to breakage while in use.
- The maximum working temperature for PYREX glassware is 490°C. However, once the temperature exceeds 150°C, ensure that heating and cooling is achieved in a slow and uniform manner.
- Do not use hydrofluoric or hot phosphoric acid in glass.
- Hot alkalis will etch glass.
Corning and PYREX are registered trademarks of Corning Incorporated, Corning NY.