PYREX Glass Test Tube with Rim 15x125mm
PYREX® test tubes are made from special borosilicate tubing to give them an optimum wall thickness. They are highly resistant to thermal shock, chemical corrosion, and physical impact.
This fire-polished beaded rimmed test tub features a permanent white marking spot, ensuring that important information about the contents is not lost or erased during the course of an experiment.
- Capacity: 14mL
- Material: Borosilicate glass code 7740
- Length: 125mm
- Outer Diameter: 15mm
- Top Style: Plain Rim
- Bottom Style: Round
- Rubber Stopper No.: 00
- Autoclavable: Yes
- Upper Extreme Temp: 490°C (914°F)
- Upper Working Temp: 230°C (446°F)
- Lower Working Temp: -230°C (-382°F)
- Max. Thermal Shock: 160°C (320°F)
- Always replace glass laboratory containers that have become scratched or abraded. These defects will make the glass prone to breakage while in use.
- The maximum working temperature for PYREX glassware is 490°C. However, once the temperature exceeds 150°C, ensure that heating and cooling is achieved in a slow and uniform manner.
- Do not use hydrofluoric or hot phosphoric acid in glass.
- Hot alkalis will etch glass.
Corning and PYREX are registered trademarks of Corning Incorporated, Corning NY.